TRIDENT: 3 in 1 Aquarium Meter
- Real-time data on temperature, pH, and <a href="https://atlantis-aquatics.com/tds-meter/">TDS</a>
- Vastly more accurate than test strips
- Clamps to tanks with less than 1" wall thickness
- Switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius with the press of a button
- Calibrate pH for precision accuracy
- The 6-month warranty covers any and all manufacturing defects
Why measure TDS?
TDS (total dissolved solids) is a composite score of all the free-floating ions in your tank. If TDS is higher than your tank's desired TDS, it means there is too much of something in your tank.
Find your Tank's Desired TDS:
1) Use an aquarium test strip to see if your levels are where they should be
2) IF NOT: adjust your water levels
3) IF SO: use the meter to read the TDS, this is your base desired TDS.
When TDS is over our desired base level, it's typically because our nitrates, nitrites, GH, KH, or chlorine is too high. With any of these levels being high, your fish are at much more risk for disease and not being comfortable in their environment. Plants will not properly grow or will slowly die as they can be even more sensitive to these levels being off. It's important to consistently maintain these levels which is why the ongoing readings from this aquarium meter can be very beneficial.
You can calibrate the pH meter using the included calibration powder sets for increased accuracy. It's recommended to calibrate the meter every 6 months and to test its readings against a test strip's monthly. Calibration and setup video below.
If you need more calibration powder, you can purchase it here.
Aquarium Meter Accuracy:
1- Trident: 3 in 1 Aquarium Meter
1 - Micro USB Charger and United States (120VA Wall Plug Converter)
2- pH Calibration Powder Sets
1 - Instruction Manual
1 - Warranty Information Card
|Dimensions||11.75 × 3.8 × 2.25 in|